Several months ago, I started a meal process group, where (out)patients (and I) have lunch together, process feelings about the meal, and then usually engage in some exercise about eating/body image. I figured I'd post some of the thought questions here, so that you might think about these topics and hopefully dialogue with one another.
Recently, I asked the group some questions about hunger:
1) How hungry are you right now? (I personally use Dr. Paul McKenna's Hunger Scale).
2) How do you know when you're hungry?
3) How would you describe the feeling of hunger to an alien, who had never experienced this before? (this one's from Karen Koenig)
4) What type of emotions do you usually feel when you experience the physiological sensation of hunger?
5) What, besides food, do you hunger for?