Monday, February 21, 2011

A Meditation on Forgiveness

Can you forgive yourself for being imperfect? 


For making mistakes each day, for not getting it right. . .


For failing to meet your your expectations each and every time. . .

For just getting by when you wanted to excel. . .

For walking when you wanted to run. . .

For eating more than you'd like, for weighing more than you'd 

like. . .


For engaging in unhealthy measures to control how you look. . .

Can you take this moment to forgive yourself?


"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely."  Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 comments:

PTC said...

No! I can't stand making a mistake and not being as good as I want to be.

I Hate to Weight said...

this is wonderful. the other cool thing i've just recently discovered is forgiving others. by forgiving others (mother, sister, ex boyfriend, et. al) i somehow view myself and my life in a gentler way.

great post

MommyMelody said...

Its hard to view yourself as alright when everything around you is falling apart. When u know your the size of a house and they tell you your losing weight but evrry time u look in the mirror you look as though youve gained. the only thing i have control over is caring for my family and my esting. Of course the kids eat wonderfully nutritious food but as for me...i just have to be good enough for myself and then i can relax a little

Haven said...

I do have a tendency to beat myself up for every little infraction that I perceive I have made. Now, I'm trying to live one day at a time. Remembering the each day has the potential for a new beginning. That even if I am not 'perfect' this day, it will not be the end of my world, it does not make me all bad. And tomorrow is another chance to heal my thinking.